- Attend four board meetings a year.
- An understanding or a desire to understand Deaf culture and hearing loss issues.
- A willingness to fundraise.
- Have the necessary time to spend helping the agency’s financial situation.
- An understanding of a board member’s role in governing a nonprofit agency.
- Be people-oriented and have the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Email and knowledge to conduct business through technology.
- A unique opportunity to receive a wealth of information about deafness, be involved in the community and make a difference.
- Being part of a dynamic community that offers support, concern, and commitment to the deaf and hearing loss community.
- Recognized as a valuable contributor to the agency by sharing and offering feedback, ideas, information, and opinions towards the agency’s vision.
- Plenty of opportunities to offer skills and talents towards the agency’s vision and to develop interpersonal skills.
- An experience that looks great on your resume.
- Receive community and statewide recognition through media and services provided.
- Free meals at every board meeting and the meetings are generally short.
If interested, please contact Kiya Safai, President of the Board at 410-742-5052 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org